Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/31 01:16:39 UTC

Cassandra / Tomcat - Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind

Hi,

I am currently having a locally installed Cassandra server running for some
development work.

When I try to bring up Tomcat, it fails saying

2010-12-31 05:36:52,088 [main] ERROR http11.Http11Protocol  - Error
initializing endpoint
java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

I tried changing the storage_port / rpc_port to avoid the port conflict, but
that has not helped.

Can anyone please suggest where I should change the cassandra configuration
to avoid the above error?

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/

Re: Cassandra / Tomcat - Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 0: JVM_Bind

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that was it. Thanks a lot.

Changed the JMX port in "cassandra.bat", where I didn't look earlier.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.