Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Werz <we...@gmx.li> on 2006/09/06 16:21:09 UTC

using Cocoon in a existing project

Hi,

i am new to Cocoon.

So, i started in a company and they already have a webapplication where
usres can get information from a database.
They want me to export data from the databse in an xml-file and also users
should get the possibility to download data from the the db in an xml-file.

So, my first question, do you also think, that cocoon will be usefull for
this task. Or ist it to "big", means "powerfull"?
And, if yes, how do i integrate cocoon in the project? we are developing
with eclipse and yousing struts.

Thanks for your help,
Werz
Sent from the Cocoon - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: using Cocoon in a existing project

Posted by Daniele Madama <d....@sourcesense.com>.
Hola,
first of all: welcome!
I think that the easier thing is to develop a separate webapplication that
get the data from the same db and produce the xmlformat that you want. For
the integration if you don't have some security policy you can simply link
the cocoon match from the struts application.

Bye.

--
Daniele Madama (http://www.danysoft.org)
Sourcesense - making sense of Open Source: (http://www.sourcesense.com)