Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/02 19:18:59 UTC

Re: Vote for KIP-245: Use Properties instead of StreamsConfig in KafkaStreams constructor

Boyang,

Thanks for the proposed change, the wiki page lgtm. One minor comment
otherwise I'm +1:

For the new API, we now also have a constructor that accepts both a
clientSupplier and a Time, so we should consider having four overloads in
total:

// New API (using Properties)
public KafkaStreams(final Topology, final Properties props)
public KafkaStreams(final Topology, final Properties props, final Time time)
public KafkaStreams(final Topology, final Properties props, final
KafkaClientSupplier
clientSupplier)
public KafkaStreams(final Topology, final Properties props, final
KafkaClientSupplier
clientSupplier, final Time time)

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Vote for KIP-245: Use Properties instead of StreamsConfig in KafkaStreams constructor

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
I am closing this vote.

The KIP is accepted with 3 non-binding (Ted, Bill, Satish) and 3 binding
(Guozhang, Damian, Matthias) votes.

Thanks a lot for the discussion and voting.

-Matthias

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.