Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Mikhail Bautin <mb...@apache.org> on 2012/03/19 21:20:25 UTC

TestThriftServerCmdLine is failing in trunk

Hello HBase Developers,

I have noticed that TestThriftServerCmdLine is consistently failing in
trunk. That was even true before I committed Yongqiang's compression/data
block encoding refactoring patch this morning. Does anyone know why this
test has been failing and when this started?

Thanks,
--Mikhail

Re: TestThriftServerCmdLine is failing in trunk

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
FYI,

Here are a list of tests that I've found to be flakey when run on shared
"wimpy" virtual machines (an internal jenkins setup).  I haven't
investigated  these at all -- at the moment I've been testing the failures
locally to see if they pass before submitting patches.  The thrift ones I'm
fairly sure were timeouts though the others may have been due to other test
running on the machines.

TestAtomicOperation.testMultiRowMutationMultiThreads (3/12/12)
TestAssignmentManager (3/15/12)
TestClassLoading.testRegionServerCoprocossorsReported (3/9/12)
TestReplication.queueFailover (3/9/12) x2
TestReplication.testVerifyRepJob (3/16/12)
TestFSUtils.testcomputeHDFSBlocksDistribution (3/15/12)
TestThriftServerCmdLine.testRunThriftServer[2] (3/15/12)
TestThriftServerCmdLine.testRunThriftServer[12] (3/16/12)
TestThriftServerCmdLine.testRunThriftServer[13] (3/16/12)
TestAdmin.testEnableTableRoundRobinAssignment (3/15/12, fail local but pass
on jenkins).
TestMiniClusterLoadParallel.loadTest[0] (3/16/12)
TestMiniClusterLoadParallel.loadTest[1] (3/16/12)
TestMiniClusterLoadSequential.loadTest[0] (3/16/12)

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: TestThriftServerCmdLine is failing in trunk

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.