Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/04/24 12:11:39 UTC

Apache Fineract is a now an Apache Top Level Project

Dear Apache Fineract Community,

Congratulations! You are now members of an Apache top level project
community.  On April 19th, our proposal was approved by the Apache
Software Foundation board.  This was a difficult journey that we
embarked on together nearly a year and a half ago.  A lot of effort
went in to this from everyone in the community.  Thank you everyone
for all you have done.    This is something we *all* can be proud of.

The Apache press release went out this morning. I encourage everyone
to read it and sip the Kool-Aid.  The range of people who found kind
words for us is remarkable.  We really are as awesome as we sound in
our press release:

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/04/24/970151/0/en/The-Apache-Software-Foundation-Announces-Apache-Fineract-as-a-Top-Level-Project.html

Anybody else who wishes to amplify the announcement with their own
press work at this point is encouraged to do so.  Added PR is *very*
welcome.

Please also take a moment to thank our incubator mentors: Roman, Greg,
Ross, and Jim.  We couldn't have done it without y'all, so Thank You!
And Thank You, Sally for the wonderful  press release!

Best regards,
Myrle Krantz
Vice President, Apache Fineract

Re: Apache Fineract is a now an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Everyone,

Many many congratulations!!

Santosh

Posted by se...@singo.co.tz.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 5:11 AM, Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Apache Fineract Community,
>
> Congratulations! You are now members of an Apache top level project
> community.  On April 19th, our proposal was approved by the Apache
> Software Foundation board.  This was a difficult journey that we
> embarked on together nearly a year and a half ago.  A lot of effort
> went in to this from everyone in the community.  Thank you everyone
> for all you have done.    This is something we *all* can be proud of.
>
> The Apache press release went out this morning. I encourage everyone
> to read it and sip the Kool-Aid.  The range of people who found kind
> words for us is remarkable.  We really are as awesome as we sound in
> our press release:
>
> http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/04/24/970151/0/en/The-Apache-Software-Foundation-Announces-Apache-Fineract-as-a-Top-Level-Project.html
>
> Anybody else who wishes to amplify the announcement with their own
> press work at this point is encouraged to do so.  Added PR is *very*
> welcome.
>
> Please also take a moment to thank our incubator mentors: Roman, Greg,
> Ross, and Jim.  We couldn't have done it without y'all, so Thank You!
> And Thank You, Sally for the wonderful  press release!

Belated, but still very enthusiastic congratulations to the project! I
mean every word
I put in the little blurb for the ASF PR. You guys did all the hard work!

Best of luck being a TLP!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Apache Fineract is a now an Apache Top Level Project

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Thanks Guarav,

I already removed incubating from the website text, so there's nothing
urgent to do right now.  But once Infra has moved the repo and
releases, we'll need to adjust the website again.  And we could
probably do with a bit more ASF branding too.  I would welcome it if
you could take over that and make it as you see fit.

Greets,
Myrle

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Congrats to everyone.