Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ashley Martens <am...@ngmoco.com> on 2009/05/05 18:01:57 UTC

OutOfMemory

How much memory does a thread take in JMeter? The reason I ask is that
I'm running a simple test and I get OutOfMemory exceptions when I
scale above 180 threads. I know this is a super general question and
should not be answered without knowing my test plan, but seriously
what constructs in JMeter are memory hogs? Samplers, Listeners, CSV
file reader. Does JMeter just have memory leaks? BTW I have MX=768m.

Re: OutOfMemory

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
180 threads does not seem like very many.

There must be something expensive in the test.

Remove or disable all unnecessary elements.

Use non-GUI mode.

Try a simple test using just a Java Request Sampler and Summary
Report; you should be able to get at least 1000 threads on a
reasonably recent PC.

Re: OutOfMemory

Posted by Ashley Martens <am...@ngmoco.com>.

Re: OutOfMemory