Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2003/10/22 15:26:09 UTC

potential Apache-Test release candidate

hi all

I have a release candidate for Apache-Test ready to go

http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.05-dev.tar.gz

but before I announce it publically I wanted to make sure that I understood
our position on META.yml.  I'm supposed to leave the autogenerated version
in the release (as opposed to editing it out or building with 5.6.0
instead), right?

--Geoff

Re: potential Apache-Test release candidate

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> I have a release candidate for Apache-Test ready to go
>>>
>>> http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-1.05-dev.tar.gz
>>>
>>> but before I announce it publically I wanted to make sure that I
>>> understood our position on META.yml.  I'm supposed to leave the
>>> autogenerated version in the release (as opposed to editing it out or
>>> building with 5.6.0 instead), right?
>>

>> Just leave it as it is. If you ever decide to edit it, you need to
>> change Makefile.PL to have NO_META=>1 in WriteMakefile args. But since
>> at the moment we have no special uses for this feature, we shouldn't
>> do anything special.
>

> ok, but now the MANIFEST has META.yml in it, and if I commit it will go
> in.  is that ok?

Yes. It's OK.

Re: potential Apache-Test release candidate

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.