Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by johnbing <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 17:34:52 UTC

DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE vs CLIENT_ACK

Hi,

I am confused between DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE and CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.
I am not able to understand what is the meaning of *lazily acknowledging the
delivery of message* in case of DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE.

where does acknowledge happens in DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE ?

Thanks,
John

Re: DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE vs CLIENT_ACK

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
lazy means doing it async and possibly in a batch (so waiting for the
next ack or some % of the prefetch) . Having received the message at
the application level does not ensure that the broker knows about the
receipt.
In the event of a connection failure, the app can think it won't see
the message again, but the broker may not have seen the ack, so the
app can get a duplicate.
In normal operation, the acks will be eventually dispatched on or
before a consumer.close

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com