Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/02 02:38:11 UTC

[VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Team,

I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
months, and with the many layout patches that have
been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
continued help on our team.

Credentials:

Link [1] shows all of Simon's mailing list
contributions since November of last year.

Link [2] shows all the patches he has given us for
layout, as well as helpful comments given to Finn on
his properties work.

Link [3] is his endorsement from Web Maestro, who
declared him "the Bomb".

Link [4] is to the hyphenations patterns for French
and German, which he is kindly hosting for us on his
personal web site pending licensing issues.

Link [5] is to his published notes of the FOP system,
showing he has thoroughly researched and is well
versed with the FOP system.

Here's my +1.

Thanks,
Glen

[1]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?a=106944413900002&r=1&w=2

[2] (feel free to copy and paste this URL ;)

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&email1=leverkruid&emailtype1=substring&emailreporter1=1&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Fop&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time

[3]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=108059079524877&w=2

[4]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=108059002226286&w=2

[5] http://www.leverkruid.nl/FOP/documentation.txt

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 04:38:11PM -0800, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
> help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
> months, and with the many layout patches that have
> been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
> continued help on our team.

Thanks for the nomination, and the many positive votes I have already
seen. The documentation will surely be finished and go into the
wiki. And indeed, we see new interest and activity in layout; I will
take part in the discussions and patching, and produce some new
code. I intend to continue contributing to FOP steadily, although it
sometimes seems to go slowly.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@tkachenko.com>.
Glen Mazza wrote:

> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
> help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
> months, and with the many layout patches that have
> been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
> continued help on our team.

+1
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://blog.tkachenko.com

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Apr 1, 2004, at 4:38 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
> help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
> months, and with the many layout patches that have
> been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
> continued help on our team.
>
> Credentials:
>
> <snip>
>
> Here's my +1.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen

Heh... I hit [Reply] to add my unofficial +1 (boss still hasn't
completed the Corporate CLA yet), and it was only then I noticed Glen
had added a gazillion links and a bunch of reasons why! :-)

Welcome aboard, Simon (as if you haven't already been contributing more
than your fair share...)! Mind the gap!

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. Oh yeah! +1 ;-)

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Finn Bock <bc...@worldonline.dk>.
Glen Mazza wrote:

> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
> help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
> months, and with the many layout patches that have
> been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
> continued help on our team.

+1

regards,
finn

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Glen Mazza wrote:

> Here's my +1.

Simon has certainly shown a great understanding of the redesigned layout and
has helped me improve my understanding at times. I think committership is long
overdue, and if Glen hadnt proposed this Vote, I would have done.

+1

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team,
>
> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML

+1 (if the notes will make it to the wiki/website ;-)

--
Christian

Re: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Jeremias says: +1

On 02.04.2004 02:38:11 Glen Mazza wrote:
> I'd like us to go ahead and make Simon Pepping our
> newest FOP team member.  He has provided steady ML
> help and numerous patch contributions for the past few
> months, and with the many layout patches that have
> been coming in recently, we could certainly use his
> continued help on our team.

Jeremias Maerki

RE: [VOTE] Simon Pepping for Committer

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.