Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Evgeniy Strokin <ev...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/01 15:35:50 UTC

Xalan 2.3.1 doesn't support numbers like 0.123e+100

Moving from previous version of Xalan to Xalan 2.3.1
was hard.
I got problem with xsl:import tag location, and now
with format-number.
In previous version of Xalan understood numbers like
0.123e+100, now it�s not.
I understand what Xalan team wants to follow W3C
specs, and in that spec nothing about e symbol in
numbers. BUT, if you fully implement W3C specs why you
cut off functionality which wider when that specs?
It�s ok to have more. That why I choose Xalan before
and why I�m looking for over XSLT engine now. Because
I need change database structure now or use old
version of Xalan, or move to some over implementation
of XSLT.
But all that lyrics, the question is, can I do
something (may be even recompile Xalan 2.3.1) to
support numbers like 0.123e+100?

Thanks
Jenya

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com