Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org> on 2004/02/03 17:50:24 UTC

Will the Gump PMC members please stand up?

Okay gang,

since no-one seems to have a big preference about process to be followed
in drafting a PMC shortlist...can everyone who wants to be on the Gump
PMC please stand up?

I'll just compile a list of volunteers, and we can vote on it as part of
the resolution sent to the board. Okay?*

The List So Far**
-----------------
   * Nicola Ken Barozzi
   * Leo Simons

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons

* For gump, it is real hard to have unambiguous, solid criteria for when
about PMC membership from plently of people. In my very humble opinion,
if you're a "friend of gump" and generally sane and reasonable, you
should consider joining the PMC, if you have the time.

** this is just the people I saw state explicitly and publicly that they
do feel like being on the Gump PMC

  people wouldn't obey the rules."
                                                         -- Alan Bennett

Re: Will the Gump PMC members please stand up?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
On 3 Feb 2004, at 11:50, Leo Simons wrote:

> Okay gang,
>
> since no-one seems to have a big preference about process to be
> followed in drafting a PMC shortlist...can everyone who wants to be on
> the Gump PMC please stand up?
>
> I'll just compile a list of volunteers, and we can vote on it as part
> of the resolution sent to the board. Okay?*
>
> The List So Far**
> -----------------
>   * Nicola Ken Barozzi
>   * Leo Simons

I like the process, very refreshing (especially after watching the
jakarta PMC electing their chair... [sound of stefano puking])

I stand up.

--
Stefano.

Re: Will the Gump PMC members please stand up?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Nicola Ken Barozzi" <ni...@apache.org> wrote in message
> Leo Simons wrote:
> > Okay gang,
> >
> > since no-one seems to have a big preference about process to be followed
> > in drafting a PMC shortlist...can everyone who wants to be on the Gump
> > PMC please stand up?
> >
> > I'll just compile a list of volunteers, and we can vote on it as part of
> > the resolution sent to the board. Okay?*
>
> Better yet, anyone who wants adds himself to the list in the STATUS.txt
> file that I just added in the gump CVS. We can vote for chair
> preferences there too.

+1

Re: Will the Gump PMC members please stand up?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
> Okay gang,
>
> since no-one seems to have a big preference about process to be followed
> in drafting a PMC shortlist...can everyone who wants to be on the Gump
> PMC please stand up?
>
> I'll just compile a list of volunteers, and we can vote on it as part of
> the resolution sent to the board. Okay?*

Better yet, anyone who wants adds himself to the list in the STATUS.txt
file that I just added in the gump CVS. We can vote for chair
preferences there too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Will the Gump PMC members please stand up?

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
Count me in as well.

Scott

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.