Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vince <wa...@verizon.net> on 2016/02/27 00:38:30 UTC

Finding the Largest Value within a Specific Column's Range of Cells in AOO-Calc

Hello:

I am using AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696 2015-10-21 09:53:29
(Mi, 21 Okt 2015) on a Win 8.1 machine.

The following formula/function originated via www.samplewords.com;
specifically: http://www.samplewords.com/bowling-record-sheet/ .

=AVERAGE(LARGE(C9:C57;ROW(INDIRECT("1:10"))))

It is being used in the AAO-Calc that I use to monitor my bowling scores
to display the highest value found within a cell range. I do not
understand it; and would like to know if there is an equivalent
formula/function within AOO-Calc? This is working within my AOO-Calc,
but there have been times that some problems occur. If I understood what
this complex function does and/or if an AOO-Calc substitute can be used,
then perhaps my future troubleshooting efforts when dealing with my
Bowling Score Data Calc-sheets would go more smothly.

I seem to recall using MAX and MIN within Excel (MS Office 2003 Basic).
(Did I just answer my own question ?)

No hurry on this; not an emergency, since I am in a /recovery mode/ from
today's poor performance on the lanes!

Regards,
VinceB.