Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/09 14:05:58 UTC

JDT Compiler download (was: r908009)

2010/2/9  <ma...@apache.org>:
> Author: markt
> Date: Tue Feb  9 11:51:30 2010
> New Revision: 908009

> Log:
> Update to latest version of JDT compiler
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/trunk/build.properties.default
>

>  # ----- Eclipse JDT, version 3.2 or later -----
>  jdt.home=${base.path}/eclipse/plugins
>  jdt.lib=${jdt.home}
> -jdt.jar=${jdt.lib}/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.3.1.v_780_R33x.jar
> -jdt.loc=http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3.1-200709211145/eclipse-JDT-3.3.1.zip
> +jdt.jar=${jdt.lib}/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.4.4.v_894_R34x.jar
> +jdt.loc=http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/eclipse-JDT-SDK-3.4.2.zip

Looking at http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
there exist a download "JDT Core Batch Compiler"

The ecj-3.4.2.jar downloaded from there is just 1.6 MB vs. the 40 MB
one that we are downloading now.

I have checked that it contains all of the classes that are referenced
as imports in our JDTCompiler class, so looks like we can use it
instead. Though I have not tried yet.

By the way, the latest compiler would be (looking at the version of
IDE that I am using)
 org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.5.1.v_972_R35x.jar

Current download URL for the 3.5.1 JDT Core Batch Compiler for main
mirror will be (though it will change to archive* eventually):

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/ecj-3.5.1.jar

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: JDT Compiler download (was: r908009)

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2010/2/9 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 09/02/2010 13:05, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> Looking at http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
>> there exist a download "JDT Core Batch Compiler"
>>
>> The ecj-3.4.2.jar downloaded from there is just 1.6 MB vs. the 40 MB
>> one that we are downloading now.
>>
>> I have checked that it contains all of the classes that are referenced
>> as imports in our JDTCompiler class, so looks like we can use it
>> instead. Though I have not tried yet.
>
> Lets try it then.

+1.

I won't be near the sources for the next 4-5 hours. If it won't be
done at that time, I'll do it.

>> By the way, the latest compiler would be (looking at the version of
>> IDE that I am using)
>>  org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.5.1.v_972_R35x.jar
>>
>> Current download URL for the 3.5.1 JDT Core Batch Compiler for main
>> mirror will be (though it will change to archive* eventually):
>>
>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/ecj-3.5.1.jar
>
> Past experience has been linking to anything other than the archive site
> leads to broken builds as the downloads ont he main site don't seem to
> use stable URLs.

It is sure that you won't be able to rebuilt old releases once those
go into the archive (supposedly once in a year, when a major release
comes).

I think we can leave old URLs as a comment in the properties file,
or maybe even to add something to BUILDING.txt

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/02/2010 13:05, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> Looking at http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
> there exist a download "JDT Core Batch Compiler"
>
> The ecj-3.4.2.jar downloaded from there is just 1.6 MB vs. the 40 MB
> one that we are downloading now.
>
> I have checked that it contains all of the classes that are referenced
> as imports in our JDTCompiler class, so looks like we can use it
> instead. Though I have not tried yet.

Lets try it then.

> By the way, the latest compiler would be (looking at the version of
> IDE that I am using)
>  org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.5.1.v_972_R35x.jar
>
> Current download URL for the 3.5.1 JDT Core Batch Compiler for main
> mirror will be (though it will change to archive* eventually):
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/ecj-3.5.1.jar

Past experience has been linking to anything other than the archive site
leads to broken builds as the downloads ont he main site don't seem to
use stable URLs.

Mark