Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "M.Tarkeshwar Rao" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/16 07:52:23 UTC

Get some help for adaptive sheduling

Hi All,

I want to implement adaptive scheduling for our product.

I used custom scheduler. also i go through following links.

http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~midlab/articoli/ABQ13storm.pdf
http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/debs2013/presentations/DEBS13-Paper88-Querzoni.pdf

I liked the idea of topology based scheduling to take the localization
benefit.

Any one done this before. Can you please share some code or your experience
about this?

Text from the above links:
---------------------------------
We developed two distinct algorithms based on such idea.
One looks at how components are interconnected within the
topology to determine what are the executors that should
be assigned to the same slot. The other relies on the mon-
itoring at runtime of the trac of exchanged tuples among
executors. The former is less demanding in terms of required
infrastructure and in general produces lower quality sched-
ules, while the latter needs to monitor at runtime the cluster
in order to provide more precise and e ective solutions, so it
entails more overhead at runtime for gathering performance
data and carrying out re-schedulings

Regards
Tarkeshwar