Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/08 09:36:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.11 RC1

Hello everyone,
This is a call for vote for the following RC1 to be released as official
Apache
Falcon 0.11 release. This RC1 addressed all
feedback provided for RC0, plus fixed bugs FALCON-2319
found in RC0.

The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.11-sources/

You can find the signing key here ->
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x7DA4EE8D94075EDA

To verify the signature:
>gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.11-sources.tar.gz.asc
apache-falcon-0.11-sources.tar.gz

Git tag commit-id for the release *release-0.11-rc1:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=5d24e358c541028df0564170514c781dd78d7cda

We have closed around 160 JIRAs as part of this release, the details of
which can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
projectId=12314429&version=12339555

The release document with brief explanation on key changes are available in
the JIRA, FALCON-2309 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2309>
and
will be published on confluence right after the release.
This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on releasing
this RC1.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side

Thanks,
Sandeep Samudrala

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.11 RC1

Posted by Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>.
Closing the vote. The build is failing on a clean state. The build has been
fixed, I will raise RC2.

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Sorry wrong PR link. PR link -> https://github.com/apache/falcon/pull/401

JIRA - FALCON-2326 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2326>

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com> wrote:

> Sandeep,
> This build was also failing on my local with error similar to the ones
> with PR builds -> https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache-Falcon-Pull-
> Request-Build/924/
>
> However, after a fix, it seems to be working. PR for the fix ->
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache-Falcon-Pull-Request-Build/924/
>
> Thanks,
> Pallavi
>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Gentle Reminder.
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello everyone,
>> > This is a call for vote for the following RC1 to be released as official
>> > Apache
>> > Falcon 0.11 release. This RC1 addressed all
>> > feedback provided for RC0, plus fixed bugs FALCON-2319
>> > found in RC0.
>> >
>> > The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded
>> from:
>> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-
>> 0.11-sources/
>> >
>> > You can find the signing key here ->
>> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x7DA4EE8D94075EDA
>> >
>> > To verify the signature:
>> > apache-falcon-0.11-sources.tar.gz
>> >
>> > Git tag commit-id for the release *release-0.11-rc1:*
>> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=
>> > 5d24e358c541028df0564170514c781dd78d7cda
>> >
>> > We have closed around 160 JIRAs as part of this release, the details of
>> > which can be found here:
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
>> > ctId=12314429&version=12339555
>> >
>> > The release document with brief explanation on key changes are available
>> > in
>> > the JIRA, FALCON-2309 <https://issues.apache.org/jir
>> a/browse/FALCON-2309>
>> > and
>> > will be published on confluence right after the release.
>> > This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on
>> releasing
>> > this RC1.
>> >
>> > [ ] +1 approve
>> > [ ] +0 no opinion
>> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>> >
>> > +1 from my side
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sandeep Samudrala

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.11 RC1

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
Sandeep,

wrote:

> Gentle Reminder.
>
> On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 3:06 PM, Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> > This is a call for vote for the following RC1 to be released as official
> > Apache
> > Falcon 0.11 release. This RC1 addressed all
> > feedback provided for RC0, plus fixed bugs FALCON-2319
> > found in RC0.
> >
> > The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded from:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-
> 0.11-sources/
> >
> > You can find the signing key here ->
> > http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x7DA4EE8D94075EDA
> >
> > To verify the signature:
> > >gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.11-sources.tar.gz.asc
> > apache-falcon-0.11-sources.tar.gz
> >
> > Git tag commit-id for the release *release-0.11-rc1:*
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=
> > 5d24e358c541028df0564170514c781dd78d7cda
> >
> > We have closed around 160 JIRAs as part of this release, the details of
> > which can be found here:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?proje
> > ctId=12314429&version=12339555
> >
> > The release document with brief explanation on key changes are available
> > in
> > the JIRA, FALCON-2309 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2309
> >
> > and
> > will be published on confluence right after the release.
> > This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on
> releasing
> > this RC1.
> >
> > [ ] +1 approve
> > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
> >
> > +1 from my side
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sandeep Samudrala

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.11 RC1

Posted by Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>.
Gentle Reminder.