Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Flo <Fl...@mail-developpeur.com> on 2003/06/23 19:41:45 UTC

Two Tomcat server install

Hi,

i would like to install to Tomcat 4 server on my PC
One for dev (port : 8080) and one for hosting (port : 80).
The two working at the same time

How can i do that ?

Flo

Re: Two Tomcat server install

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:41, Flo wrote:

> i would like to install to Tomcat 4 server on my PC
> One for dev (port : 8080) and one for hosting (port : 80).
> The two working at the same time

Easiest way is to have two separate, complete installs of tomcat eg.

C:/tomcat-prod
C:/tomcat-dev

Then in each you have to edit  c:/tomcat-prod/conf/server.xml to change a
handful of ports the main one being The CoyoteConnector for port 8080 to port
80 (if you are on a *nix system this also means you must run tomcat as root
or use some other workarounds).

The other ports I usually find need changing are:

8005, 8007, 8008 & 8009, although that is going from Tomcat 4.0.2 so they
could be a little out of date, I usually do something like change them to
810X just for consistency's sake. :)

Jason Bainbridge
http://jblinux.org