Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adolfo Miguelez <pe...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/07 16:14:32 UTC

connection pools

Hi All,

a quick question. I just need references to open source database connection
pools available for checking out. I know Poolman and Protomatter.

Does Apache provides any more complete pool? Any nicer pool anywhere?

TIA,

Adolfo.

Re: connection pools

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Dariusz Wojtas wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:21:54 +0200
> From: Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@myrealbox.com>
> Subject: Re: connection pools
>
> Monday, October 7, 2002, 4:14:32 PM, you wrote:
> AM> Hi All,
>
> AM> a quick question. I just need references to open source database connection
> AM> pools available for checking out. I know Poolman and Protomatter.
>
> AM> Does Apache provides any more complete pool? Any nicer pool anywhere?
>
> Try commons-dbcp from Jakarta.
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp.html
>
> It is integrated with several products (tomcat, hibernate)
> and works nicely.

Struts 1.1 also incorporates the DBCP connection pool under the covers.

> Darek

Craig

Re: connection pools

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@myrealbox.com>.