Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2010/12/16 05:38:55 UTC

Serialization of List with Aegis

If the service implementation returns an immutable List, for instance;

List<String> doSomething()
{
    ArrayList<String> result = ...;

       :

    return Collections.unmodifiableList(result);
}

No AegisType is being resolved by the TypeMapping.

Is this a bug, or do I need to capture this myself with a TypeCreator?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk
I work here; http://tinyurl.com/24svnvk
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: Serialization of List with Aegis

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> If the service implementation returns an immutable List, for instance;
>
> List<String> doSomething()
> {
>    ArrayList<String> result = ...;
>
>       :
>
>    return Collections.unmodifiableList(result);
> }
>
> No AegisType is being resolved by the TypeMapping.
>
> Is this a bug, or do I need to capture this myself with a TypeCreator?

Please disregard; I just realized that this is due to my
misunderstanding of TypeMapping vs TypeCreator. When my AegisType
finds a type it doesn't understand, then it delegates to the
TypeMapping to pull up the type, but that is only slightly more than a
HashMap, whereas I think it should delegate to the top TypeCreator
instead.

Cheers