Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2007/08/05 23:23:48 UTC

Re: Please commit patch in OPENEJB-624 -- Thanks Karan!

All committed!

I swear, the idea sounded neat, but looking at it in the code it's
just that much better.  More comments on the thread where you
proposed the idea.

FYI, perfect sized change, very easy to review.  I'm not always so
great with my commits, but this is definitely the way to go.

-David

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,

I did not know what to write in the javadocs for each Logger Category.
If we can write the javadocs, then using the confluence snippet plugin
is a real neat thing. In fact, if we do it once (and I get to know how
it was done), then we can identify some more areas of code which could
be candidates for the snippet plugin. I think this is the fastest  way
to generate user docs (where examples are required).

Also, if you can review the Logger Categories, that would be nice.
Some categories do not start with OpenEJB, and I was not sure about
the reason behind it.

One more thing i realized after refactoring this stuff is how easy it
is now to configure log4j. We just have to look into the LogCategory
interface and then make sure that the default.logging.conf is not
missing any Logger Category (which it is right now, but can now be
easily fixed). No need to search through code any more . :)

--
Karan Singh Malhi