Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/29 03:38:20 UTC

Board Report of ServiceComb

Hi Team,

We need to submit the quarterly Board Report, so I just created a draft for it.
Please let me know if I missed something.

 - a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and
components to make development and deployment of cloud applications
easier.

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - ServiceComb PMC just finished last around release on April
 - ServiceComb PMC created two subproject:
   * kie (for configuration mata data management)
   * fence (for Restful Service Security)

## Health report:
 -  The mails and development activity are as good as usual.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 16 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Aray Chenchu Sukesh on Wed Oct 17 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 19 committers.
 - Lei Zhang was added as a committer on Tue Apr 02 2019

## Releases:

 - ServiceComb Java Chassis 1.2.0 was released on Sat Apr 13 2019
 - ServiceComb Java-Chassis 1.2.1 was released on Sun May 19 2019
 - ServiceComb-Pack 0.4.0 was released on Sat Apr 06 2019
 - ServiceComb-Service-Center was released on Sat Apr 06 2019

## Mailing list activity:

 - The dev discussion is good, but we just find the subscribers drop recently.
 NOTE:
 * It looks like some of users were just unsubscribe from dev list
recently, I will dig more about it.
 * The issue mail number is dropped as we did some version clean up in
the first quarter of this year.

 - dev@servicecomb.apache.org:
    - 110 subscribers (down -41 in the last 3 months):
    - 269 emails sent to list (284 in previous quarter) by 20 people,
divided into 49 topics.

 - issues@servicecomb.apache.org:
    - 547 emails sent to list (911 in previous quarter) by 14 people,
divided into 190 topics.

## JIRA activity:

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Board Report of ServiceComb

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
FYI,  I just found out the drop of dev subscriber is caused by the
probe programe.
Lots of qq and foxmail accounts are removed from the mailing list.

22 Apr 2019 16:07:08 -0000: 1555949228 -probe  xxx@xxx

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem