Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/07 16:12:02 UTC

TomEE: Concurrency Utilities for Java EE Early Draft (JSR 236)

I recognized the following blog this morning:

Concurrency Utilities for Java EE Early Draft (JSR 236) [1]

Will this be available at some point in TomEE (and OpenEJB) at some point?
Also, the following was mentioned in the blog:

Using Java SE concurrency utilities such as java.util.concurrent API,
java.lang.Thread andjava.util.Timer in a Java EE application component such
as EJB or Servlet are problematic since the container and server have no
knowledge of these resources.

Is the above statement true with TomEE? I am asking, because I am planning
to use the Timer service in my JSF web app. I did see the TomEE
schedule-expression and schedule-methods examples on the TomEE examples
page, so that tells me that I can use Timer service and 'rely' on it.

Please answer first question above (most of all).  Thanks.

[1]
https://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta/entry/concurrency_utilities_for_java_ee

Re: TomEE: Concurrency Utilities for Java EE Early Draft (JSR 236)

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Fernando,

I'm glad to hear that. thanks for the response.

Howard

Posted by Fernando Lozano <fe...@lozano.eti.br>.
Hi,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Interesting, okay, thank you both for the responses. :)

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,