Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca> on 2005/11/29 05:10:02 UTC

maven changelog plugin problems

I have a 2 module project - the 2 modules are pmgt-jar and pmgt-
webapp. I have the changelog configured to produce a report from the
parent pom.

     <scm>
         <connection>scm:svn://apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt</connection>
         <developerConnection>scm:svn://apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt</
developerConnection>
         <url>scm:svn:http://apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/trunk</url>
     </scm>

			<plugin>
			  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
			  <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
			  <version>2.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT</version>
			  <reportSets>
				<reportSet>
				  <id>dual-report</id>
				  <configuration>
					<type>range</type>
					<range>30</range>
				  </configuration>
				  <reports>
					<report>changelog</report>
					<report>file-activity</report>
				  </reports>
				</reportSet>
			  </reportSets>
			</plugin>

I've noticed several things. For the parent site, and one of the
modules, both reports are empty, but for one module, the reports are
full, but contain entries for files which are specific to the other
module and the parent. How is that? I would have expected the parent
report to be filled out, and the two child modules to be empty
reports, though really for the child I can't see why they are
performed at all.

For the changelog, none of the times are reported, even though they
exist. For instance, I get 2005-11-28 00:00:00, and for each date, I
get 0 time. Bug?

The links to my svn repository are pretty mucked up. According to:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/changelog-maven-plugin/howto.html

The url in my scm tag should be as above, but this actually generates
html links which are like so:

scm:svn:http://apollo.ucalgary.ca:8800/pmgt/trunk/pmgt-jar/src/main/
java/ca/ucalgary/commons/pmgt/controller/ConfigManager.java

which obviously don't work at all. Moreover, the source repository
report likes to use the url tag as well, and that of course doesn't
work either. I prefer it to be:

http://apollo.ucalgary.ca/websvncommons/listing.php?
repname=pmgt&amp;path=%2F&amp;rev=0&amp;sc=0

which gives me clickable access into my repository, but then links in
the changelog report are even worse:

http://apollo.ucalgary.ca/websvncommons/listing.phppmgt-jar/src/site/
site.xml?repname=pmgt&path=%2F&rev=0&sc=0/pmgt-jar
and
http://apollo.ucalgary.ca/websvncommons/listing.phppmgt-jar/src/site/
site.xml?rev=2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&repname=pmgt&path=
%2F&rev=0&sc=0/pmgt-jar

when what I would need for this file should be:

http://apollo.ucalgary.ca/websvncommons/filedetails.php?
repname=pmgt&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fsrc%2Fsite%2Fsite.xml&rev=0&sc=0

So before I started going through the code, I thought I would see if
I'm doing anything wrong. File activity logs show similar link problems.

Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Programmer/Analyst
University of Calgary

http://commons.ucalgary.ca

Re: maven changelog plugin problems

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
The behavior of changelog when ran on a parent pom, is to have the
plugin run on its modules.  That is, each module will have their own
reports.  The empty reports are created so that the build will not
fail... this need to be updated though.

I'll look into your other concerns...