Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Mark Bram <re...@optusnet.com.au> on 2003/09/23 14:43:10 UTC

Tomcat as a service

Howdy all!

1) I am running Tomcat 4.1 as a service on XP. At what point in the install
process did I choose this option?

2) Is there *any* difference between running Tomcat as a service and a
non-service? What do you call it when you are running it as a non-service?
Do you just call it a process or program?

3) If I don't have Tomcat as a service, how can I get it running as a
service?

4) Where is all of this documented? I did a google search limited to
jakarta.apache.org and then I did a text search on my document Tomcat
4.1\webapps\tomcat-docs directory for "Tomcat as a service" and found
nothing that answered these questions.

Thanks for any advice!

Rob
:)