Posted to general@gump.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/14 14:43:23 UTC

Access to Surefire test output

If a Surefire test fails, it's usually necessary to be able to read
the file(s) in the surefire-reports directory to resolve the problem.

However, the Gump mails don't seem to give access to this information,
unless one adds a suitable <report> tag to the descriptor.
This is very tedious to have to do for every test.

Is there a better way to get access to the surefire output?

Indeed, perhaps there should be easy read access to all of the Gump
output directories?
Could that be done via suitable config of the HTTP server?

Re: Access to Surefire test output

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-09-14, sebb wrote:

> However, the Gump mails don't seem to give access to this information,
> unless one adds a suitable <report> tag to the descriptor.
> This is very tedious to have to do for every test.

This is the same as having to add <jar> elements, isn't it?

> Indeed, perhaps there should be easy read access to all of the Gump
> output directories?

That way we'd be publishing/distributing everything under a project's
root - including stuff we may not be allowed to distribute.

Stefan