Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vikas waykole <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/30 17:11:03 UTC

Error in console while converting fo to pdf using fop 0.20.2

Hello,

I am converting fo to pdf using fop 0.20.2.But I am getting following error
and warning messages in console

ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): property - "font" is not implemented yet.
WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): property - "font" is not implemented yet.
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >
WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): Some static content could not fit in the rea.
WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): property - "font" is not implemented yet.
ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >

Can you please tell me why this error messages are coming so that I will
take care of not getting these error messages.

Thanks in advance,

Vikas Waykole

Re: Error in console while converting fo to pdf using fop 0.20.2

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
vikas waykole wrote:
> ERROR   10306   [fop     ] (): >

This is probably an area overflow. Some content
did not fit the allocated space and either had
to be laid out again or flows out of the box.
Typical causes are long words or strings counted
as words in small table columns and such, or
graphics (images) which are too wide or too high.
Usually, layout should be checked and if nothing
disatrous is visible, the error can be ignored.

> WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): property - "font" is not implemented yet.

Exactly as the message says: don't use the "font"
shorthand property, use font-family, font-size etc.

> WARN    10306   [fop     ] (): Some static content could not fit in the

Exactly as the message says: some content could not
fit into a region-before, region-after or another
region which usually takes static content. Check the
result and either adjust the region extent or reduce
the flow height of the content.

J.Pietschmann