Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Chille <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/16 17:01:54 UTC

in our webapp we are using a native c sytem library. after reloading
this webapp via the manager app i step into the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library
C:\eclipse3\eclipse\workspace\Phoenix\etc\bin\resmgr.dll already
loaded in another classloader

I know that for every webapp would be one classloader used.

1.
Would be different classloaders used for every loaded instance of a webapp?

2.
Could i register a listener to unloading (is this possible in java?)
the library if tomcat  unloading the webapp?

I am using tomcat 5.0.29

regards,
thomas

Re: Loading System Library After Reloading Webapp

Posted by Lionel Farbos <li...@free.fr>.
Hi,

see the lifecycle listeners in your Context :
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html
You receive start Events or Stop Events.

Another issue:
Your problem is because the native library is loaded by the Application ClassLoader.
If you can loaded it by the Common ClassLoader, perhaps you won't have this problem...
see there:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Cheers.

Posted by Thomas Chille <th...@gmail.com>.