Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tony <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/29 00:49:31 UTC

[Calc] Feature request: Find & Replace colors

Hey!

I color-code my cells to assist me in entering data, creating or changing
formulae, or deleting data, formulae and links:

   - Enter data and information in Green shaded cells only
   - Blue shaded cells calculate results within a spreadsheet
   - Data in Yellow shaded cells is transferred to other worksheets
   - Purple shaded cells bring in data from other spreadsheets

But now I want to replace those colors with different shades, and cannot
find a function to do so.

Could OpenOffice.org Calc perhaps incorporate a Find & Replace function
similar to that of, say, the Adobe apps?

http://i.imgur.com/Xu9JG.png

Thanks for listening.

Tony

Re: [Calc] Feature request: Find & Replace colors

Posted by Tony <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     Had you used cell styles to define these colors and applied these
> styles to the cells of your spreadsheet, changing any of the colors would
> be a snap. All you would have to do is to change the color in the
> appropriate style.
>     Furthermore, if you need a cell for a given purpose, you would only
> have to click the cell and double click the proper style.
>
> --Dan

Great idea Dan - thanks a bunch!

I hereby withdraw my Find & Replace feature request.

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.