Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Steve Cohen <st...@comcast.net> on 2005/02/04 05:25:55 UTC

subeclipse

After last week's vote, I have been mucking around with subversion and
subeclipse trying to get my feet wet.

Here is one thing I learned about subeclipse after I carelessly remarked
on the subversion mailing list that subeclipse wasn't ready for prime
time.  I was of course contacted by a subeclipse developer who
indignantly maintained that subeclipse was much closer to release
quality than I had implied.  We then had a civil discussion, and while I
think his standards for release quality are lower than mine (he doesn't
see synchronize as a must-have, I won't take subeclipse seriously until
it has it - but nonetheless says the release version will have it), I
did learn something that may be of interest to jakarta-commons
developers whoare trying to use subversion with eclipse:

If you are trying to get the latest version of subeclipse, do not use
Eclipse's "search for updates of existing features", instead use "search
for new features."  Eclipse kept telling me that there was no version
greater than 0.9.22 while this fellow was telling me he'd just released
0.9.26.  Running search for new features against the
subversion.tigris.org site quickly found what I was looking for.  Any
jakarta-commons devs who want to try subeclipse but are stuck on 0.9.22
should try this.