Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Flavio D' Amore <fd...@datamat.it> on 2001/09/13 17:37:01 UTC

Persistent Database connections to Oracle

Hi!

How can i configure the startup.pl in order to use a global symbol such as
"$lda = Apache::DBI->connect_on_init(..." including a persistent database
connection to Oracle that's could be shared by other perl scripts?

Thanks a lot

best regards

-------------------------------
Fl@vio D' Amore
DATAMAT S.p.A.
Via Laurentina 760
00143 Rome - Italy
DATASIM - Product Support
Phone: +39-06-50.27.4350

Re: Persistent Database connections to Oracle

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Medi Montaseri wrote:

> I have a related question....
>
> How do I confirm that I indeed have a persistent database connection...
> I have modified my httpd.conf via PerlRequire "/path/startup.pl"
> with debuging at level 2...I see the following in my httpd error_log
>
> [Thu Sep 13 22:11:34 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red
> Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.24 configured --
> resuming normal operations
> 5653 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5654 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5655 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5656 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5660 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5658 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5657 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
> 5659 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
>
> But when I check my sessions on my Informix, I don't see any sessions
> owned by the owner of the httpd process...
>
> By the way, my method of checking my Informix sessions is
>
> onstat -g ses
>
> Just in case I'm doing this part wrong....

In case you don't see Apache::DBI reporting that it reuses connections,
you don't have the persistance. That's the whole point of debug
statements.

But did you actually generated some requests? The above messages are from
the server startup and doesn't help at all.

Posted by Medi Montaseri <me...@CyberShell.com>.
I have a related question....

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.