Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Oliver Xie <ox...@smallworld.com> on 2000/05/19 21:18:38 UTC

Threading problem in the XSLT Processor

Hello,

I'm using Cocoon 1.7 and running into a thread related problem in a
multi-user environment. I would see the "Error found handling the request"
exception when my producer instance (a subclass of AbstractProducer)handles
multiple requests. By looking into the exception,
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor.process(XSLTProcessor.java:10
3), I figured that the problem might be caused by the race conditions among
multiple requests to the processor instance. After added synchronization to
the process method in XSLTProcessor.java, the problem has gone away. Does
anyone know this thread safe issue in Cocoon's processing level, and have a
better solution to it?

Oliver Xie
oxie@smallworld.com