Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris Clohosy <c....@cs.ucl.ac.uk> on 2005/01/06 13:32:18 UTC

New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Hi all,

I would like to draw your attention to an open-source Ant GUI that I am developing, called 'Ant's Nest'. I'm keen for your feedback and bug reports on it, as it's being made especially for you guys! As you will see it's largely based around a drag 'n' drop interface and an XML model of Ant tasks. It can be downloaded from http://antsnest.sourceforge.net and any problems you find please send to ccdigix@users.sourceforge.net. Another feature of the program is that developers can write their own plugins, allowing in the future for maybe an easier way of creating an Ant build file? Anyway download it and let me know what you think :-p

Best Wishes,

Chris

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by Chris Clohosy <c....@cs.ucl.ac.uk>.
Sorry Martin, Ant's Nest only does basic operations at the moment, although
I'm not stopping anyone else writing a new 'level' to go into it.

Chris

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by Chris Clohosy <c....@cs.ucl.ac.uk>.
Guys you were right, it wasn't the SAX. There were a combination of problems
that I've been working on all night but now it's fixed and tomorrow I'll
release the new version. There was a problem with long string concatenation
in the build file beautifier, I use a buffer class instead now. Then there
was a problem with an ID algorithm that turned out not to be linear at all
(whoops lol). Big thanks has to go to Alexey for providing me with a massive
build file and for the tips; Ant's Nest scales up pretty well now, there's
still a short delay when using large build files but it's bearable.

I'll send a message out tomorrow when the new version is up,

Chris :-p

Posted by David Kavanagh <dk...@gmail.com>.

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.

Re: New Ant GUI - 'Ant's Nest'

Posted by Mahen Perera <ma...@gmail.com>.
I am getting the following error when running the command "ant -f
antsnestbuild.xml"

E:\software\Ant GUI\antsnest-1.1\antsnest>ant -f antsnestbuild.xml
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:195)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:55)

I have both JDK/JRE 1.4 and 1.5 installed . will it be a problem..

I have ant 1.6.2

Can someone please help

Mahen