Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by th...@blarglefish.com on 2007/01/21 00:41:19 UTC

500 Internal Server Error when you don't encode URLs?

I am somewhat baffled by Tomcat's response when you send it a HTTP GET
or POST without URL encoding the text that you're sending. I spent a
couple days at work trying to figure out why I was getting an internal
server error. I called up the people that ran the server and told them
they had something screwed up and didn't even bother considering that
it was my code that was wrong because it was telling me it was an
internal server error. Wouldn't an error like this fit under 406 or
409 better?