Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/03/19 19:21:16 UTC

[VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.2-rc1

Hi all,
Release Candidate for Hadoop-1.0.2 is now available for vote, at
    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.2-rc1/

There are 19 bug fixes and enhancements in this release, including:

HADOOP-7206. added Snappy compression
HDFS-3075. automatically restore previously failed storage directories
MAPREDUCE-3773. Add queue metrics for bucketized job run times

Please see the Release Notes for the full list, at:
    http://people.apache.org/~mattf/hadoop-1.0.2-rc1/releasenotes.html

Vote will run the statutory 7 days, and close on Monday 26 Mar at 11:30am
PDT.

Thank you,
--Matt
Release Manager, Hadoop 1.0

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.2-rc1

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Sorry for lack of clarity; I have now commented in the jira.  I believe
> this bug caused Snappy to not be built correctly, which in turn causes MR
> jobs to fail if Snappy compression is configured on.

Not for this release, obviously, but in general perhaps the right solution
here is unbundle native snappy the same way jsvc got unbundled.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.2-rc1

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I believe
> this bug caused Snappy to not be built correctly, which in turn causes MR
> jobs to fail if Snappy compression is configured on.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Given that this fix is quite small, and given that no one has so far voted
on RC-1, I'd personally be in favor of not restarting the voting period for
RC-2. Thoughts?

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera