Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/03/30 21:37:43 UTC

Cocoon in the news

FYI:

http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=Cocoon

Bye, Helma

Re: Cocoon in the news

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Gianugo Rabellino dijo:

>>> Gosh. Action + XSP in march 2004. :-(
>>>

>> Not sure in what world we live... ROTFL! :-D
>>

> ROTFL? Not that much, since TSS has a lot of exposure, and people will
> miss a lot of the nice features we all use for a long time now (cforms,
> flowscript, jxtemplate), and the article therefore totally misses the
> point of "Cocoon as a web framework".

well, people, look at the good side of it: at least they are not talking
about us as an XSLT servlet anymore.

Our documentation does *NOT* reflect the change in paradigm that this
community underwent in the past 12/18 months and a wiki is not exactly
the place where you look for official information to write an article.

There is nothing to laugh about, I agree, but there is nothing to worry
about either.

And, besides, remember the say: any exposure is good exposure.

Now, we should focus on returning our documentation to show what we
think it's good and what we think it was a bad idea.

--
Stefano.

Re: Cocoon in the news

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Gianugo Rabellino dijo:
>

>>H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
>>

>>>FYI:
>>>
>>>http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=Cocoon
>>>

>>Gosh. Action + XSP in march 2004. :-(
>>

>Not sure in what world we live... ROTFL! :-D

ROTFL? Not that much, since TSS has a lot of exposure, and people will
miss a lot of the nice features we all use for a long time now (cforms,
flowscript, jxtemplate), and the article therefore totally misses the
point of "Cocoon as a web framework".

Sylvain

Re: Cocoon in the news

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Gianugo Rabellino dijo:
> H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
>
>> FYI:
>>
>> http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=Cocoon
>
> Gosh. Action + XSP in march 2004. :-(

Not sure in what world we live... ROTFL! :-D

why not talk about Flow+Woody and OJB? This really rocks!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Cocoon in the news

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 30.03.2004 21:52, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
>
>> FYI:
>>
>> http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=Cocoon
>

> Gosh. Action + XSP in march 2004. :-(

The article must be really old:

"For this article, I'm using Cocoon version 2.0.4. You can download
Cocoon at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/ . This site allows you to
download either Cocoon 1 or 2, although Cocoon 1 is only provided for
backwards compatibility."

See the download URL.

Joerg

Re: Cocoon in the news