Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/06 21:51:47 UTC

Re: Runtime dependencies for our released artifacts

In discussion below regarding cglib .... was the intent to completely
remove the use of cglib or just make it optional?

 From what I can tell it seems that cglib is already optional (perhaps
due to changes after this discussion).  But we still use it if available
in Blueprint AbstractServiceReference and the Blueprint Interceptor
logic.  If we completely remove it from the Blueprint Interceptor logic
we would always assume ASM.  If we completely remove it from
AbstractServiceReference we would always use the JdkProxy and would
likewise need to remove the AbstractServiceReferenceTest which seems to
be cglib specific.

I have some local changes that I can check in to completely remove cglib
if that is really the intent.

Joe

Jeremy Hughes wrote:
> On 11 March 2010 15:48, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 11 March 2010 14:59, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 14:36, Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

<snip/>

>>> Beyong the core JRE and osgi packages, we have:
>>>  * cglib : we should get rid of that one
>> +1 there's a few JIRAs around this but not one to get rid.

<snip/>

>>> We should really get rid of cglib asap. cglib itself uses asm and we
>>> have our own layer on top of asm.
>>> I don't think we should have a mandatory import on
>>> org.osgi.service.cm, so either find a way to make it optional or
>>> exclude it ?
>> ok

<snip/>

Re: Runtime dependencies for our released artifacts

Posted by The Dweller <ba...@gmail.com>.
Re losing anything, Off the top of my head, I don't know, but Valentin
mentioned that cglib handled multiple interface proxying where the asm
alternative didn't..

If we only want a single implementation to lighten the test/support load,
that's fine =)

However, I'd still like it to be abstracted out / tidied up so it can be
made use of by BeanProcessors & NamespaceHandlers (while also being used for
both Interceptors and ServiceReferences). I guess it may also be beneficial
to look a little deeper to find out what other differences there are in the
capabilities of the two (ignoring jdk proxy here for a mo).

Ozzy.

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by The Dweller <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Joe

Re: Runtime dependencies for our released artifacts

Posted by The Dweller <ba...@gmail.com>.