Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/04 04:19:52 UTC

Storm Developer Mailing List

Attention all storm committers, contributors, and hackers:

As part of the move to the Apache incubator, storm user and developer mailing lists will be established, and ultimately the google “storm-user” making list will be retired.

The storm-user@googlegroups.com mailing list should continue to be used for all questions/discussions related to general storm usage. As a rule of thumb, if what you are posting DOES NOT involve modifying storm source code, the storm-user list is most appropriate. If you are posting something related to building storm, modifying its internals, etc. then the dev@storm.incubator.apache.org is more appropriate.

If you are a storm committer and/or contributor, you should probably be subscribed to that list.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Taylor

--
P. Taylor Goetz

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I thought I saw committer account requests go by on the incubator list.  Does anybody else know about this?

And all you need is a commit bit.  Nothing extravagant.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Ted,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Storm Developer Mailing List

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arvind,

Sorry about that, I didn’t realize a user list had been set up as well. I may have missed it, but I didn’t receive a notification that it had been created (I only got a notification that the dev list had been created).

I will coordinate with Nathan to sunset the google groups list and start directing folks toward the new user list.

Is there a central place to keep track of these things? I’ve been looking at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/storm.html but haven’t seen any updates since Storm was accepted into the incubator. I’m also interested in the status of committer accounts at people.apache.org. When can we expect those to be created?

Thanks,

Taylor
--
P. Taylor Goetz
Software Architect

Health Market Science
The Science of Better Results
2700 Horizon Drive •    King of Prussia, PA •   19406
P: 610.994.5237 •   healthmarketscience.com • http://ptgoetz.github.io • @ptgoetz

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Taylor,