Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "S. Reddit" <s....@gmail.com> on 2016/01/26 22:40:44 UTC

uploadVolume URL accessed by management-server

Hello,
Strange issue here on ACS 4.5.2 /w. VMware 5.5:
Registering Templates (OVA) work fine, SSVM fetches OVA without problems,
but uploadVolume fails. After some investigation, I can see that before the
SSVM tries to download the OVA, the management-server itselfs tries to
reach to URL. Is this expected behaviour?

The connect then fails in my environment, as internet is only reachable via
proxy from management-server. I tried to configure java/tomcat/catalina
with proxy settings, without success so far:
- catalina.properties: http.proxyHost & http.proxyPort Settings
- tomcat6.conf: added -Dhttp.proxyHost=xyz -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 to
JAVA_OPTS
- environment.properties: http.proxyHost & http.proxyPort Settings

Still, management-server tries to reach url directly (without proxy).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam

Re: uploadVolume URL accessed by management-server

Posted by "S. Reddit" <s....@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:45 PM, ilya <il...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you confirm its management server reaching out to template
> download and not SSVM proxy?

I didn't! It just what I see on the network.

Re: uploadVolume URL accessed by management-server

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.