Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Quan Zhou <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 17:46:00 UTC

update ModalWindow content by another link?

Hi,
My application's built with WIcket 1.3, and I use ModalWindow to implement
most of my functions.
I really do some modification to meet my needs. but there's a problem i
cannot find any idea to solve that.
My scenario is that:
There're 2 links (Link A, Link B) in the index Page.
Clicking each link will be shown a ModalWindow.
I fill the Window with one of my other pages, NOT A PANEL.
(windows.setPageCreator(XXX);
I can alternatively click and close each link. It works well.
Now my requirement is:
What am I going to do is  clicking Link A first, and then clicking Link B
without close the show up ModalWindow. and I want the content in ModalWindow
would be updated by Clicking B.
I've tried many ways to achieve that,but failed.

Is there anyone can give me any hints?

Thanks.

Re: update ModalWindow content by another link?

Posted by Quan Zhou <be...@gmail.com>.
 yes.
 In fact, I add a script to prevent the mask of the window
"Wicket.Window.Mask.prototype.show = function(){}"

then I can click some other link on the page while modalwindow is shown.

I must admit this requirement is weird. Because I'm developing on an
existing system which is designed without any ajax.
I've re-organized the function tree, and plan to embed some existing page
into a reusable modalwindow, as to click some left links and update the
content of the window.

Thanks.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.