Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "B. L." <be...@yahoo.com> on 2004/11/28 15:55:35 UTC

[users@httpd] MacOs X: different partition as document root

Hello

I am working on a G3 with the MacOs 10.3.6 and I'm running
apache 1.3
I have two partitions on my disk; one with my operating
system and files I explicitely don't want to share
and another partition that ignores user permissions.

I would like to have the document root of my server on this
second partition, instead of the partition with the system.

I have been trying every possibility in the httpd.conf file
but it is not working. Everytime I change the document root
to a possible variant, I get an error.

Can someone point me to the right decision?

As MacOs X is built on a unix base, I think the answer will
be the same as the answer to this problem for any unix variant.

Re: [users@httpd] MacOs X: different partition as document root

Posted by The Disguised Jedi <di...@gmail.com>.
> I would like to have the document root of my server on this
> second partition, instead of the partition with the system.

Well, I don't know much about Macs, but on Windows, to specify docroot
from the root of a drive, do this in the docroot statement (include
the quotes!)

"X:\the path\can include spaces\if you have\quotes around it"

That's how I do it on my Windows box, and since Mac works with drive
letters (I think, like I said, I don't know much about Macs) it should
work the same.

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

PHP rocks!

It came from some wacko who felt the need to stick some long
meaningless clause at the end of his message that just takes up space
and doesn't stop anyone from copying the message, or using its
contents.

Disclaimer's Disclaimer: The above disclaimer is not meant to offend
anyone, but is merely for the sender's amusement.

Re: [users@httpd] MacOs X: different partition as document root

Posted by The Disguised Jedi <di...@gmail.com>.
> /Volumes/Partition_Name/path_to_document_root.  Try opening terminal

Again, if there are spaces in the directory it needs to be in Quotes

Posted by Paul <Pa...@gubavision.com>.
Well I would think it would be
/Volumes/Partition_Name/path_to_document_root.  Try opening terminal
and navigating to your document root than pwd.  You may need to check
permissions as well since I don't think apache will have permission
beyond it own Volume.

Paul G