Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by BigData dev <bi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 18:14:54 UTC

Reg: SSL setup

Hi,
Can you please provide information on Self signed certificate setup in
Kafka. As in Kafka documentation only CA signed setup is provided.

http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#security_ssl

As because, we need to provide parameters trustore, keystore during
configuration.

Or to work with self signed certificate, do we need to import all nodes
certificates to trustore on all machines?

Can you please provide information on this, if you have worked on this.

Thanks,
Bharat

Re: Reg: SSL setup

Posted by Samuel Taylor <st...@square-root.com>.
Hi Bharat,

As a disclaimer, I haven't tried it, but it seems like you would have to
import:

- Each server's certificate into the truststore of each client
- (if ssl.client.auth=required) Each client's certificate into the
truststore of each server
- (if security.inter.broker.protocol=SSL) Each server's certificate into
the truststore of each other server

Is there a reason you don't want to create your own CA?

Thanks,
Samuel

--
*Samuel Taylor*