Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> on 2019/07/08 12:18:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.4.0-rc1

The Apache Daffodil community has voted and approved the proposed
release of Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.4.0-rc1.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Daffodil is an open source implementation of the DFDL specification that
uses DFDL schemas to parse fixed format data into an infoset, which is
most commonly represented as either XML or JSON. This allows the use of
well-established XML or JSON technologies and libraries to consume,
inspect, and manipulate fixed format data in existing solutions.
Daffodil is also capable of the reverse by serializing or "unparsing" an
XML or JSON infoset back to the original data format.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/baa7ec2c94e1ac1a2cf786a5e1f9d8c3d0253b7d944420767e42ebbf@%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bcd15e3030196ed42cbd9e1a5fc3b0b7b8e2dba02ab0d51ed56a6f9a@%3Cdev.daffodil.apache.org%3E

All distribution packages, including signatures, digests, etc. can be
found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/daffodil/2.4.0-rc1/

Staging artifacts can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedaffodil-1009/

This release has been signed with PGP key 36F3494B033AE661,
corresponding to slawrence@apache.org, which is included in the KEYS
file here:

https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/daffodil/KEYS

The release candidate has been tagged in git with v2.4.0-rc1.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 2.4.0:

https://s.apache.org/daffodil-issues-2.4.0

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://daffodil.apache.org/releases/2.4.0/

One +1 (binding) vote from Dave Fisher will carry over from the dev list
vote.

Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
(Thursday, 11 July 2019, 8am EST).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
- Steve

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.4.0-rc1

Posted by David Meikle <da...@meikle.io>.
Hello,

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 at 13:18, Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please review and vote. The vote will be open for at least 72 hours
> (Thursday, 11 July 2019, 8am EST).
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 (binding).  I checked; name, sig and hashes, notice, license, source
headers, compiles from source.

Cheers,
Dave

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.4.0-rc1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- NOTICE is good
- LICENSE lis fine
- All ASF source files have ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- Can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.4.0-rc1

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
I am carrying over my +1(binding) from the dev@daffodil VOTE thread.

Regards,
Dave