Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by monkeyiq <mo...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2002/01/13 21:26:29 UTC

Re: xerces-c-1.6.0.spec and cvs tree

monkeyiq <mo...@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

I posted this a few days ago, but didn't get it from the list
(wasn't subed at time) so I am reposting it.

-------------

Hi,

   I have created a spec and a patch to Makefile.in to make
rpm files of both xerces and xalan. I was hoping that this
might be able to make its way into the main cvs tree.

the main changes in the Makefile.in are todo with .so
naming. My build names the library thus:

# ll /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Jan 11 03:00 /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so -> libxerces-c.so.1.6.0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           20 Jan 11 03:00 /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so.1 -> libxerces-c.so.1.6.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      3446318 Jan 11 02:58 /usr/lib/libxerces-c.so.1.6.0

rpms are available at

I can send the .spec and .patch to the list as they are small
-rw-rw----    1 ben           20k Jan 10 15:17 /rpmbuild/RPM/SOURCES/xerces-c-1.6.0.patches
-rw-rw----    1 ben          4.1k Jan 10 23:47 /rpmbuild/RPM/SPECS/xerces-c-1.6.0.spec

I hope there is mutual interest in the ability to
create rpm files from the cvs tree.

Thanks.

Re: xerces-c-1.6.0.spec and cvs tree

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
It may be easier if you can open a bugzilla report with your patch attached (see
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/bug-report.html for details).   Active committers may not be able to
investigate your patch immediately, to avoid your input/request lost in the mailing list, it is recommended
to log it in bugzilla for better tracking.  Thanks!

Tinny