Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2003/08/31 05:06:06 UTC

skinconf DTD [Was: miniTOC generation]

Ramon Prades wrote:
> In my opinion having an external DTD will make future changes easier.
> Consider for example the change I've made to skinconf.xml adding a new tag:
> I have 4 different project in Forrest, so I had to manually edit skinconf 4
> times to modify the DTD to allow the new tag. Having the DTD on a different
> file would have make this much easier.

The problem will then shift to needing to maintain different versions
of the DTD. I do agree with you, we do not really want users messing
with internal DTDs. They will however need to modify the DTD declaration
from time-to-time, but that is easier.

We should wait and see what others think before doing the work.

--David