Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2003/08/13 13:57:12 UTC

weird error on file PUT

Hi

I have written a Servlet that handles file uploads to Slide using Apache
Commons FileUpload, but when it tries to create the new WebdavResource, and
PUT it, I get the following error. and when I look a the store, it seems to
have created a folder called errmsg.txt/ instead of a text file.  I have
attached the Servlet file to this email (I know the FileUpload module file
handling is not optimised, but its just a test at the mo).

Incidentally, every time I restart Tomcat, it wipes the store including any
folders I have created 'properly' (!) using Windows WebFolders. what could
be causing that, and how can I sort it?

Cheers

stu

13 Aug 2003 12:41:47 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - INFO - GET =
200

OK (time: 10 ms) URI = /files

Filename = G:\mysql\share\slovak\errmsg.txt

Content Type = text/plain

In Memory? = false

Size in bytes = 13329

The HttpURL is... http://localhost:8080/slide/files/errmsg.txt

13 Aug 2003 12:42:05 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - INFO -
PROPFIND =

 207 Multi-Status (time: 60 ms) URI = /files/errmsg.txt

13 Aug 2003 12:42:05 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - INFO - PUT =
409

Conflict (time: 0 ms) URI = /files/errmsg.txt

THE DESTINATION PATH = /files

The URI is... /files/errmsg.txt

Re: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Stu,

There is a switch that is causing your store to reset on tomcat restart.
I don't have it in front of me but it is rather explicit in the Domain.xml
I believe.

Michael Oliver
CTO/Matrix Intermedia
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
Office (520)574-1150
Cell (518)378-6154

Re: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Stu,

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
Hi Michael

I already have a mySQL database set up with the correct schema (I think) for
using JDBCDescriptorsStore, but I just can't get it to work.  I keep getting
the "No object found at /actions" error, and it throws a 500 every time I
try and view the store in the browser.

I muddled for nearly a fortnight over it last time!

I have noticed (in the slide-stores.jar) that there is a Descriptors class
called MySQLDescriptorsStore.  Could using this sort my problems out?

If you have any tips then that would be great.

Many thanks
Stu

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Stan Pinte <st...@axone.be>.
At 15:24 13/08/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Well the Servlet I have written handles the POST, and then opens an
>InputStream to the uploaded file (either in memory, or in the temp
>directory), which can in turn be written to Slide using
>WebdavResource.putMethod(InputStream is).  If I am doing something wrong
>then please let me know!

I am doing the same and it works allright.

RE: weird error on file PUT

RE: weird error on file PUT

Re: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Ingo Brunberg <ib...@fiz-chemie.de>.

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
Hi Oliver

Do you think it would be possible to pull XMLDescriptorsStore.java out of
the CVS, compile it, and then slot the class into the slide-stores.jar file?
I suppose that would just be a case of playing it by ear ;o)

I am really wary about trying to compile the whole thing from source... just
because it sounds like a nightmare!

I don't know if you are familiar with the exception below, thrown when I try
to start up using MySQLDescriptorsStore...  To me it looks like a bug...
also (after the line I have drawn!), it throws this exception when I try to
view the store in the browser (which in turns shows a 500 error).

Is it significant that it talks of JDBCDescriptorsStore when I am actually
trying to use MySQLDescriptorsStore?  Also, in the second error, it talks
about the com.mysql.blah.blah driver when I am actually using the
org.gjt.mm.blah.blah driver?

Maybe I should also get an updated version of JDBCDescriptorsStore from the
CVS?

Many thanks again
Stu

14 Aug 2003 10:17:41 - slidestore.mysql.MySQLDescriptorsStore - INFO -
Connecting to "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/slide" as user "slideuser"
14 Aug 2003 10:17:41 - slidestore.mysql.MySQLContentStore - INFO -
Connecting to "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/slide" as user "slideuser"
14 Aug 2003 10:17:41 - org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore - INFO -
Delisting service slidestore.mysql.MySQLDescriptorsStore@1e0512a from active
transaction with failure
14 Aug 2003 10:17:41 - org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransactionManager
- INFO - Rollback Transaction 1 xid main-1060852661157-1- in thread main
14 Aug 2003 10:17:42 - org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore - INFO -
Delisting service slidestore.mysql.MySQLDescriptorsStore@1e0512a from active
transaction with failure
14 Aug 2003 10:17:42 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Namespace
base configuration was already done before
14 Aug 2003 10:17:42 - org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransactionManager
- INFO - Rollback Transaction 2 xid main-1060852661978-2- in thread main
14 Aug 2003 10:17:42 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Loading
namespace slide configuration
14 Aug 2003 10:17:42 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR -
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/actions
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/actions
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(JDBCDescript
orsStore.java:584)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.jav
a:171)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getActionNode(NamespaceConfig
.java:1031)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.initializeNamespaceConfig(Nam
espaceConfig.java:589)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadConfiguration(Namespace.java:84
1)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:800)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:448)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:398)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.init(Domain.java:361)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:403)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.init(WebdavServlet.java:324)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:935)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:82
3)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3420)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
608)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:821)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:80
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDep
loyer.java:307)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.j
ava:559)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:401
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:358)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
97)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:219
0)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
14-Aug-2003 10:17:43 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
14-Aug-2003 10:17:43 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
14-Aug-2003 10:17:43 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=10/90  config=G:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Tomcat 4.1\conf\jk2.properties

14 Aug 2003 10:26:14 - org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet - ERROR -
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.close(Statement.java:808)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.close(PreparedStatement.java:1226)
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.closeStatement(JDBCDescript
orsStore.java:1728)
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(JDBCDescript
orsStore.java:661)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.jav
a:171)
        at
org.apache.slide.structure.StructureImpl.retrieve(StructureImpl.java:
185)
        at
org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.retrieve(ContentImpl.java:164)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavUtils.isCollection(WebdavUtils.java:284
)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavUtils.isCollection(WebdavUtils.java:260
)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:257)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentica
torBase.java:551)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:
2415)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatche
rValve.java:171)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContex
t.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:480)
        at

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:22
3)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:594)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:565)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Re: weird error on file PUT

Re: weird error on file PUT

RE: weird error on file PUT

Posted by Stuart MacPherson <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
Well...

I tried FileDescriptorsStoreNoVersioning, and I ended up with the following
error (at the end of this email)...

I am at a loss as to why Slide default setup uses MemoryDescriptorsStore,
surely it's totally useless?!

I am really intrigued with this XMLDescriptorsStore idea, and I am mystified
as to why it's not in the slide-stores.jar library.  Does anyone know how to
get it going?  Is it related to J2EEDescriptorsStore?

I don't know what I am going to do if I can't overcome the whole descriptors
persistence obstacle, as I am too late on in the project to be coming across
show-stoppers like this!

You all have helped me a lot,  my thanks again.

;o)

13 Aug 2003 21:32:25 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - INFO - Content
store: slidestore.reference.FileContentStore
13 Aug 2003 21:32:25 - org.apache.slide.common.Namespace - ERROR -
java.lang.ClassCastException
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.registerStore(Namespace.java:373)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadScopeDefinition(Namespace.java:
1155)
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.loadDefinition(Namespace.java:713)
        at org.apache.slide.common.Domain.initNamespace(Domain.java:785)
[...]

13 Aug 2003 21:32:25 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - WARNING -
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceRegistrationFailedException
13 Aug 2003 21:32:25 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR -
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceRegistrationFailedException:
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceRegistrationFailedException
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceRegistrationFailedException:
org.apache.slide.common.ServiceRegistrationFailedException
        at
org.apache.slide.common.Namespace.registerStore(Namespace.java:425)
[...]

13 Aug 2003 21:32:25 - org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR - Domain
initialization error

RE: weird error on file PUT

RE: weird error on file PUT

Re: weird error on file PUT