Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Howard Goldberg <HG...@cstlink.com> on 2000/08/03 19:54:00 UTC

xalan suppressing fo source attribute

I'm writing a transform to output an FO document.
XSL includes following stylesheet element:
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo
= "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" version = "1.0"
exclude-result-prefixes = "fo">

In one of my top-level templates, I try to output an <fo:root> element:
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/Format/1.0">

Xalan suppresses the source attribute, so it gets written only as <fo:root>

If I try this separately using xsl:attribute
<xsl:attribute name = " xmlns:fo"> http://www.w3.org/XSL/Format/1.0
</xsl:attribute>

Xalan complains
XSL Warning: Could not resolve namespace prefix:  xmlns. The attribute will
be ignored.

Microsoft transform and transform included with excelon pass the source
attribute correctly using the first method.
Is this a bug? Is there another way to output this?

thanks,

Howard Goldberg