Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/07/22 13:15:09 UTC

cold migrated VMs won't start

Hi Guys has anyone seen this behaviour?

After cold migrating a VM from one Pod to another we can't start the VM any more basic networking: (Xenserver 6.1 + ACS4.1)

VM state transmitted from :Starting to Stopped with event: OperationFailedvm's original host id: null new host id: null host id before state transition: 3

Regards,

Paul Angus
Senior Consultant / Cloud Architect
[cid:image002.png@01CE86D5.2BE77C30]

S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +4<tel:+447968161581>47711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/>

10/11 July, Bangalore, India<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
21/22 August, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: cold migrated VMs won't start

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
I agree, I have to work around that kind of issue once in a while. Most of
the time I just destroy the instance and recreate it, specifying host, and
let puppet do the rest of the work. The best way forward is to probably
file a feature enhancement request and bring it up on the dev list.

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.