Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/03/31 02:58:33 UTC

Two new pages...

This page shows the entities (modules or projects) that have any 'warning'
or 'error' annotations on them. We really want to work this down to a blank
page, by reducing the verbosity or level of annotations. For example, saying
'build failed' at a warning level could me made informational (the
status/reason tells us it failed.) For example, the 'setting an artifact
identifier' (for Maven, which can't live w/o jar ids) might not be
considered a warning. Once we trim it down any content we find here ought be
helpful for Gumpmeisters.

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/notesLog.html

This page used to live on workspace.html, but (1) move to a separate object
in memory & so was lost (2) is what I broke the build with last night
(sorry.) Anyway it shows some useful things like environment, tool versions,
etc. [Sorry, it doesn't cover what Sam requested was interested in.]

    http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/environment.html

BTW: I seem to have to press CTRL-RELOAD on Brutus or I don't see refreshed
pages. I think we ought configure HTTPD to make this more interactive
between browser/server, 'cos Gump pages change frequently. Can somebody
easily change this and add the config change to the BrutusConfig wiki page?

regards,

Adam

Re: Two new pages...

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I could be wrong, but as near as I can tell, the reason you need to
> press CTRL-RELOAD is because without doing this, the client is not
> sending any requests to the server.

I'm sorry. Today I worked from my work office (as opposed to home office,
where I work 90% of the time) on a box that I just loan, and I wasn't
registering that fact. I bet it is as you say, and that I was just assuming
the default behaviour of that browser, but that it was an older IE with
other behaviour.

Thanks for checking. Sorry for the noise.

regards,

Adam

Re: Two new pages...

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.
Adam Jack wrote:

> BTW: I seem to have to press CTRL-RELOAD on Brutus or I don't see refreshed
> pages. I think we ought configure HTTPD to make this more interactive
> between browser/server, 'cos Gump pages change frequently. Can somebody
> easily change this and add the config change to the BrutusConfig wiki page?

I don't see this behavior with Mozilla on WinXP.  I checked the HTTP
headers that were being returned, and there are no expired headers being
added.

I could be wrong, but as near as I can tell, the reason you need to
press CTRL-RELOAD is because without doing this, the client is not
sending any requests to the server.  As the server is not getting the
requests, there is not much that can be changed on the server side to
fix this.

For Mozilla, this behavior can be controlled by the preferences.  From
the menu bar, select Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache.  The
section to look for is entited "Compare the page in the cache to the
page on the network".  "When the page is out of date" is a good answer here.

- Sam Ruby