Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org> on 2012/09/03 17:19:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.15 Release Candidate

Discussion thread for vote on 0.15 release candidate.

For more information on the release process, checkout -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some of the things to check before voting are:
- can you run the demo binaries
- can you build the contents of source-release.zip and svn tag
- do all of the staged jars/zips contain the required LICENSE and NOTICE
files
- are all of the staged artifacts signed and the signature verifiable
- is the signing key in the project's KEYS file and on a public server

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.15 Release Candidate

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Sep 3, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 3 September 2012 17:56, Franklin, Matthew B. <mf...@mitre.org> wrote:
>
>> On 9/3/12 11:51 AM, "Suresh Marru" <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matt,
>>>
>>> FYI, the CHANGELOG did not have a 0.15 release notes.
>>
>> DOH!  Sorry I missed that step in the processÅ  Is this a big enough
>> mistake to kill the release?
>>

> IMO not big enough to kill a release if you add a link to the release notes
> in Jira on the download page of the website.

I agree as well. We just need a pointer somewhere. I am trying to learn my way through Rave and was testing the release in the process and so far everything else is good. Jasha's suggestion of release notes in JIRA sounds good to me.

Suresh

Posted by Jasha Joachimsthal <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.