Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "stan.forums" <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/13 14:50:29 UTC

log4cxx chainsaw

2 problems:

1.
I am having problems connecting log4cxx with chainsaw- I get the following
error:
             Connection lost! :: invalid stream header: 3C6C6F67

this is my log4cxx config:
<appender name="countersFileAppender"
class="org.apache.log4j.XMLSocketAppender">
    < param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost"/>
    < param name="Port" value="9000"/>
    < param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="1000"/>
    < layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout">
         < param name="properties" value="true" />
         < param name="locationinfo" value="true" />
    </layout>
</appender>

2.
I have reconnectionDelay set to 1000 - which i assume is milliseconds, but i
do not see any connection attempts. why is that?