Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Aklin_81 <as...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/19 14:42:45 UTC

Reading a bunch of rows pointed out by column names of columns in some row

Is there a way to just ask for column names in a row to get just a
column names list (and not the entire <column<String,String>>). I am
using Hector.

I have a row of valueless columns (whose column names are keys to
another set of rows) & I wish to retrieve a list of those column names
and send it in another query to retrieve the corresponding rows
pointed by each of those columns.

Now if I do a normal query I get list of columns like:
List <Column <String, String>>

but I would need to pass to another query as just column names list like:
List <String>

Is there any method in java which could transforms this list in a
better way, rather than iterating over each column and extracting its
name into another list ?
What would be the best way to do such queries?

Re: Reading a bunch of rows pointed out by column names of columns in some row

Posted by Aklin_81 <as...@gmail.com>.
anyone who can share what is the most recommended way of doing this